The ICT department is strategically positioned to ensure that technology is married to business in furtherance of the vision, missions, objective and goals of the Agency.
Information Communication Technology therefore is Information Systems/solutions/platforms/services that support/drive CNS/ATM systems including other agency businesses and informational technologies and was recognized as an integral element in support of these critical areas.
The department has four (4) business units with twenty –one core IT professionals:
1. ICT Service Management (ITSM)
2. Business Intelligence System (BIS)
3. Network Communications (NetComms)
4. Business Operations Support (BOS)
…..making information communications technology work for air navigation
The mission of Information Communications Technology Department is to provide leadership and guidance, service and support, education and technical expertise required to establish and maintain information technology systems for the Agency in accordance with the vision, mission, values and goals of the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA).
The Nigerian Airspace Management Agency “will use proven information technologies to deliver the best possible service to its customers and the public. Systems will be selected and deployed based on their effectiveness in improving the access to and exchange of information as well as the productivity of staff in furtherance of the Agency’s objective. Systems should be intuitive, easy to use, and integrated with other systems to eliminate duplication and redundant data entry. The Agency will commit the necessary resources to support these systems and ensure their security, reliability and accuracy. There will be appropriate backup and disaster recovery.”
• use technology to facilitate access to Agency’s commercial and non-commercial information to authorized persons. Legitimate access.
• to increase Agency revenue via ICT
• the Agency to ensure regular training of ICT professionals
• provide support for CNS/ATM operations
• co-ordinate information communications technology at both the headquarters and outstations
• virtual community: Use technology to foster improved communication and information dissemination.
• staff will be efficient and effective in the use of all Agency-supplied information technology.
• agency information shall be secure and accurate and Data is collected and entered once
• timely and accurate communication between HQ, departments, outstations and staff.
• the Agency will use technology for Just –in- Time service delivery
• develop both knowledge and information workers
• use technology to automate its various processes
• gain appropriate returns on investment from its technology investment.
• use web based technologies and processes for its business operations
• reduce Total Cost Of Ownership
• provision of more staff for ICT department.
• technical Support: Provide high quality technology support for all ICT based/driven CNS/ATM systems and management/financial services
• make optimum use of the infrastructure to achieve desired result.
• computer centre: Provide and support computer centre to meet staff and other training user needs.
• corporate social responsibility via information communications technology.
Ongoing Technology Deployment:
· Enterprise Resource Planning Software (Microsoft Dynamics AX)
· Microsoft Lyncs
· VPN Remote Access and WAN Integration
The deployment of information communications technology is characterized by both a strong service orientation and a readiness to respond to a rapidly changing aviation environment.
Aviation forum meeting