TERRESTRIAL SERVICES FUNCTIONS
Terrestrial Services department is responsible for the design, provision, Installation and maintenance of Aeronautical Telecommunication ground Facilities and interconnection of such in line with ICAO Standard and Recommended Practices (SARPS).
The functions of the Terrestrial services department are as follows:-
Provision, Installation, and maintenance of the following:
• Very High Frequency (VHF) air-to-ground Radio Communication Network for Air Traffic Coordination.
• Very High Frequency (VHF) ground–to-ground Radio Communication Network.
• High Frequency (HF) voice and data Network for Air traffic Coordination.
• Air Traffic Voice Switching Systems (Control Tower Consoles).
• ATC Voice recording System.
• Telephone Services.
• Cable network.
• Switching Systems (PABX).
• Aerial Rigging and Earthen Systems.
• Coordination of projects which involve adaptation of new technologies in all aspects of VHF/HF Voice and Data network.
• Formulation and implementation of policies relating to Terrestrial Department.
• Execution of Terrestrial services engineering projects in line with ICAO Recommendation.
• Formulation and taking charge of engineering tasks in respect of ATC consoles and accessories in all airports and aerodromes.
• Assist in development, maintenance and general upkeep of Terrestrial Communication system.
NAMA TRAINS PERSONNEL ON STRATEGIC SAFETY MANAGEMENT